Changes in Testing from 4th October 2021
From October 4th new rules regarding international travel came into affect. These differ depending on where you live in the UK.
The following applies to travellers returning to the UK.
England, Scotland, Wales - Fully Vaccinated
- No requirement for you to take a Pre Departure Rapid Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test when returning to the UK.
- Day 2 PCR Test is still required until the end of October
- End of October (Date to be announced by UK Gov), the Day 2 PCR Test will be replaced by Day 2 Lateral Flow
No Testing Provider can retail a Day 2 Lateral Flow until the Government advise further on a specific date. Until then, a Day 2 PCR Test is required.
N.Ireland - Fully Vaccinated
- Pre Departure Rapid Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test is still required before returning to NI.
- Day 2 PCR Test is also required
England, Scotland, Wales & N.Ireland - Not Fully Vaccinated
- Pre Departure Rapid Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test is required
- Day 2 & 8 PCR Test is required and 10 days quarantine from all countries on the permitted travel list.
This is not a definitive / conclusive advice. This is to be used as a tool / guide only to give you an indication of what may be required. As testing requirements can change at short notice, Skyway Testing takes no responsibility for any incorrect information given and it is always the responsibility of the end user (customer) to check all testing and / or entry requirements needed for their journey.